What we do and how we use your data
We will not use or share your information with anyone other than as described in this policy, or as may be required by law. We can be contacted for further information by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UA may change this policy when required by updating this page. You may wish check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 6th June 2018.
Information we collect
- Our Services: We may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, company name, telephone number, address details, email address, or similar, when you complete any request forms or contact forms on our website/s. If you choose to purchase a product from us, UA will require and store your contact information and such financial details as may be required to establish an account, process payments, or otherwise process and deliver your orders. Any interactions with third-parties payment processors, carriers or sub-contractors are governed by the privacy policies of the organisations providing those services. We only share those elements of your personal data that are absolutely necessary for the fulfillment of the service or action required by such third parties.
- Cookies And Tracking Technologies: please refer to our cookies policy.
- Employment: We may collect personally identifiable information about you, if you apply for a job with UA or any subsidiary or associated companies, such as your name, telephone number, address details, email address, employment history and other related information.
- Retention of Data: We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers only for as long as needed to provide our services. UA will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Record of consents and processing activities
We store and track any consent given by you on our website/s in order to register; create an account; send contact or information or sample requests or interact with the website. We keep a consents registry of users who have accepted our privacy and cookies policy. We keep a record of processing activities as owners of this website in order to be compliant with the EU GDPR art. 30 1-2 UE 2016/679.
How We Use Your Information
We always aim to collect only the data that is essential to provide our services to you and to restricting the use and purpose of that data to only:
- Data where you have given your permission;
- Data required to provide the Services you purchase or interact with;
- Data we may be required or permitted to keep for legal compliance or other lawful purposes.
- Data required for assessing suitability for employment with UA or it's subsidiary and associated companies.
We collect information relating to your purchases, use and interactions with our services, products or website. We use this information for:
- Optimising the operation and performance of our Services including, as appropriate, our manufacturing services, product offerings, websites.
- Diagnosing problems with and to identify any errors, or needed enhancements to our Services
- Statistical purposes
- Understanding and analysing how you use our Services and what products and services are most relevant to you.
Much of the data we collect is not linked to any personal data but, where it can be linked or is linkable to personal data, we treat it accordingly. We use the information that we collect about you solely to provide the information or services you have requested or to be able to process any orders you may place.
Communicating with you
We may contact you:
- in connection with services or products you have requested or purchased from us, as required to deliver transactional or service related communications.
- with offers for additional services we think you'll find valuable, where allowed based upon legitimate interests, or where you have given us consent.
- by email, phone, fax or mail.
We may use any information you provide to customise or improve our website and communication systems.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We keep your data for as long as needed to provide you with services you have requested, without any specific time limit. You can contact us at at any time to find out what information we hold about you and can manage this in line with your rights - see relevant section below for details.
How We Share Your Information.
UA will not share, rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others without your permission, other than as specified below.
- We may share your personal data with trusted third parties, with whom we have made arrangements to provide us with necessary business services, or you with additional or specialist services, such as:
- Processing credit card payments
- Sub-contractors providing specialised services
- Communicating with you in respect of such services
- Customer relationship management and CRM systems
- Carriers and delivery services
- In following up references given in employment applications
We only share your personal data to the extent necessary for any third party to provide the services or information as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from using, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requirements
We will disclose information about you as may be required by law, or as necessary to respond to any legal process/es, to protect property and rights, or to prevent illegal activities. We will endeavour to notify you if this happens and we are legally permitted so to do.
What Happens In The Event of a Change of Ownership
We may sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as name, address, email address and other information related to your transactions with UA may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, disolutions, reorganisations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
How We Protect Your Information
UA is concerned with protecting your privacy and data. Where we retain your information on our website servers, this is encrypted to current industry best practice and stored securely in our server databases. Forms submitted are forwarded to us by secure SSL/TLS email. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of any breach of security we will advise you promptly and take remedial action as required.
We also use our best efforts to protect your information offline - it is only given to those of our employees who genuinely need to have access to it in order to perform their job. Furthermore, our security procedures for storing and disclosing customer details conform with the Data Protection Act 1998 so as to prevent unauthorised access to it.
Transfer of personal data abroad
UA does not sell products for purchase by children. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under age 16. If you are under age 16, do not share personal information with us. UA will not knowingly collect, maintain, or use such personal information.
Controlling your personal information
UA will respect your legal rights to your data. Listed below are the rights that you have under law, and what UA does to protect those rights:
The right to be informed - UA is publishing this Privacy Notice to keep you informed about what we do with your personal information. We aim always to be clear about how we use your data.
The right to access - You have the right to access your information. If you are a registered user of the website, you may be able access and amend the information we hold online. In other cases you will need to write to us requesting this. If we do hold information about you, subject to proof of identity, we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request for any personal information we may hold you need to provide us with proof of identity and put the request in writing to the email address provided at the bottom of this section.
The right to rectification - If the information UA holds about you is inaccurate or not complete, you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that data has been passed to a third party with your consent or for legal reasons, then we will also ask them to rectify the data. Please contact us if you need us to rectify your information.
The right to erasure - This is sometimes called 'the right to be forgotten'. If you want us to erase all your personal data where we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact us to request this. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict how we process your data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future. If you want us to restrict processing of your data, please contact us to request this.
The right to object - You have the right to object to UA processing your data even if it is based on our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, or processing for the purpose of statistics. If you wish to object please contact us to request this.
The right to withdraw consent - If you have given us your consent to process your data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and UA will stop using your data. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact us to request this.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Social Media Widgets and External Web Services
In common with many other websites we may include sharing buttons on our website/s relating to popular Social Media Websites like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc so you can easily "Like" or share our content through these services. The privacy implications vary depending on the policies of these social media sites and will depend to some extent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks. It should be noted that Facebook do use 'Like' buttons to record your visits to any website containing them, whether or not you click on these and irrespective of whether you are currently logged in on Facebook. There are software applications available, such Abine's Do Not Track Me plug-ins for for popular web browsers, which can be installed on web browsers to automatically prevent tracking by social Media and many hundreds of other advertising tracking type cookies.
We may, at times, use external web services on our website, mainly to display content within our web pages. For example, to display images we may occasionally use Flickr or similar photo storage sites; to show videos we may use YouTube. This is not an exhaustive or complete list of the services we use, or might use in the future when embedding content, but these are the most common types. We cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of any embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not be able to identify you but they are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. in the case of YouTube the number of views, plays, loads, etc. To find out more please visit YouTube's embedding videos information page.
Complaints or queries
We try to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is in any way not correctly handled. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures. We are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the email address below.
By disclosing personal information to us you consent to the collection, storage and processing of information in the manner described in this Policy.
How to contact us
United Anodisers Holdings Limited
Field Mills, Red Doles Lane
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD2 1YG
Company Reg. No. 06037755 England & Wales